Off to a good start. First wedding of the weekend and I had a happy sweet adorable bride. And the wedding set up turned out beautiful. Even better than my pictures can show. I’m still learning my new camera:
Yay, sweet man is back in town!!! I was so excited to see him. I made us a nice dinner, and now we are cozily snuggled in on the couch with the screen door open, enjoying the beautiful weather and fresh air.
Dinner was a modified version of my mom’s salmon patties. She used to make them growing up and I loved them. Her’s what I did:
– 2- 6 oz cans boneless salmon
– 20 saltine crackers, crushed
– 1 egg
– 2 T diced onion
– 1 T chopped dill
– 1 T chopped parsley
This formed 6 patties. I browned them on each side in a skillet with a pat or 2 😉 of butter)
-2 T Butter
-8 oz three color cole slaw mix
– 3/4 cup cole slaw dressing ( I used a lite version)
– 1 1/4 cup shredded cheese ( I used reduced fat Mexican)
– 1/4 t salt
– 1/4 t pepper
– 3/4 cup plain breadcrumbs
1. Preheat one to 400 degrees. Cut butter into pieces, place in bowl to soften.
2. Combine slaw dressing, 1 cup cheese, salt, and pepper. Transfer to 2 quart baking dish.
3. Mix bread crumbs and remaining 1/4 cup cheese into butter with fingertips until blended. Spread over top. Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden and edges are bubbly. Let stand 5 minutes. Makes 6 servings.
This tastes really, really good. Even if hot cheesy cole slaw sounds a little weird, I promise, you will like it 🙂 Stay tuned for the rest of this weekend’s wedding pictures. There are some pretty amazing ones coming up.